Saturday 7 November 2015

A return..

I have been so neglectful of this space, I've been working, mothering and just trying to keep afloat!
I've been a little unsure of what I want to do with this blog.  What am I aiming for, who am I talking to and why am I doing it. I have asked myself all of these questions before of course. I think I will visit occasionally, put up some craftiness that I've been up to, and not expect anything.
And so to it...

 
Above is a delicious and huge skein of the most divine Corriedale wool. My sister in laws aunt and uncle farm Corriedale sheep, and have won prizes worldwide for their fleeces. I was gifted this heavenly wool, and am a little overwhelmed at the possibilities when I look at it. I'm yet to decide what I'm going to make with it, just hoping that I can do it justice.
 
My W.I.P
 
 
At the moment I am crocheting this Puff Stitch Cowl by Stephanie Jessica Lau.
It is an easy, meditative stitch and a fabulous project to bring along to kids sports, or doctors waiting rooms. I don't have to think, I can just hook away.
I'm using Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in Midnight Heather. I got this in a yarn club I was in run by Jellywares on Marshall. I've participated in two of her yarn clubs and I'm really hoping she does another, as it's just the best receiving a little box with a surprise ball of yarn, sometimes some delicious tea and a newsletter with pattern recommendation.
 
Finished Projects
 
 
 
This may look like an innocent pair of socks, but they represent a world of firsts for me. First time knitting in the round, first time at knitting socks, turning a heel and grafting toes. I'm super proud of them, and although they took longer than I care to admit to finish, and are far from perfect, I love them to bits!!  I had so much help from some amazing knitters that meet once a week in the library where I work. One knitter in particular was so patient and generous with her time, I wouldn't have been able to do these without her!!
 
 I was so excited and proud of my first socks that I immediately cast on a second pair! I smashed through these in no time, due to staying up way past my bedtime a few nights in a row. I just couldn't help myself, I'd start knitting and before I knew it, it was 1 o'clock in the morning! Time really does fly when you're having fun!


 
My perfectly mismatched and super soft comfy socks. I love them! These ones I managed to knit entirely on my own, no assistance required!!
Just have to decide on some wool then I'll be casting on some more I think!
 
Now I'm off to pull out my stash, and settle on some projects for Christmas! I'm a little giddy at the thought of all I have to do, in a small amount of time. Me thinks there's some more late nights in my future!
 
Jo xx
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment